The participants are given an introduction to and an overview of the world of piping. It deals with terminology and the various technical disciplines. A visit to a relevant company forms part of the course.
More information is available from TCC upon request.
Aim of the course:
Learning the basic skills required to work in the field of piping. You acquire the practical knowledge required to read and interpret P&IDs and other diagrams and to set up simple ISOs and to detail pre-set items from the diagram design.
Required prior education:
Secondary Technical Education or similar or a Foundation course in Piping.
25 evenings of 4 teaching hours each.
- Project engineering: project organisation.
- Basic knowledge of designing piping systems, engineering documents, design methods and techniques, design requirements.
- Piping and accessories, pipes, fittings, valves, connectors, valves.
- Equipment (requirements for piping design), vessels & towers, heat exchangers, pumps.
- Basic knowledge process technology, basic principles & terminology, process documents.
- Instrumentation (requirements for the piping design), control & relief valves, pressure, level and temperature measurements, sampling, transmitters, cable tracks.
- Special systems: pipe bridges, cooling water, steam and flaring systems.
- Groningen: Weekly on Monday evening
- Rotterdam: Upon request, Zadkine Contractactiviteiten, Rotterdam
- Leusden: Weekly on Tuesday evening
If you score 60% for practice and theory, you obtain a Certificate. If you score less, you receive Proof of Participation.